POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Render POVray file from Applescript : Re: Render POVray file from Applescript Server Time
28 Apr 2024 02:53:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render POVray file from Applescript
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 4 Mar 2003 22:55:12
Message: <0001HW.BA8BC04F000AABCDF0284600@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:52:57 +1100, markus wrote
(in message <web.3e653c5999ca634a501a36f50@news.povray.org>):

> I am new to the Apple version of POVray. What is the AppleScript
> to render a ..pov file. I am familiar with rendering a file from
> the DOS command, but I am struggling with the MAC counterpart. I
> am running OS 9.2.2.

I'm running OS X, but this should still apply to 9.2.2...

You can't, directly.

What you might be able to achieve is:
Use AppleScript to tell POV-Ray to open the .pov file you want [you
could certainly use applescript to make that file...], and then use
a scripting addition to select the 'render' menu item. [Sandi's
Additions used to do this, but I don't know what's out there for
this at the moment...]

To find out what AppleScript support POV-Ray has, use the Script
Editor's file menu "Open Dictionary" item and select POV-Ray.
You'll see there is no 'render' command.

You might be able to achieve what you want with the Preferences ->
Actions -> Startup and termination script actions [But I can't be
sure because the 'set' buttons don't seem to do anything for me...]

Have Fun
Martin
--
Kinky: